Wednesday, August 3, 2011

I have family breast cancer history, will medicare pay for me to remove my natural breasts and have implants?

my grandmother, aunty and mother have had breast cancer. my sister and i are both young, 23 and 24 respectively. I cant bear what they have gone through. And to be honest, I'm scared. Petrified because there is more than a possibility either my sister, myself or even my baby nieces will someday be diagnosed with this disease. Is there a possibility of me being able to get my natural breast tissue removed and then getting implants to 'replace' them? Will this be covered by medicare if I can show them that it is genetic? As young as I am, everyday I check my breasts and the paranoia and watching family get taken away is killing me. If there is any chance of reducing it, would the removals be possible and is it available in Australia? Many thanks (also, I understand it may cost alot more if the implant size is different to my natural size) all answers will be helpful, except that from irrelevant, insensitive a**holes.

No comments:

Post a Comment